250 g of desalted cod
250 g of fresh cod kokotxas
150 ml of HG Arbequina extra virgin olive oil
1 clove of garlic
Half of a fresh cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon of chopped chives
- Place the garlic together with the 150 ml of HG Arbequina extra virgin olive oil in a wide, low casserole. Put it on the fire and when the garlic starts to jump, add the cayenne and the kokotxas.
- Cook over low heat for about 2 minutes, moving the pan with back and forth movements.
- Add the cod cubes skin side down and continue cooking for another 3 minutes.
- Remove the cod cubes carefully to a plate and drain the oil from the kokotxas into a saucepan or a cold container to lower the temperature of the oil. Finish making the sauce by adding the oil little by little with rotating movements. When it is ready, add the cod again, this time with the skin facing up, and heat everything up.
- Season with salt, sprinkle with the chopped chives and serve.